If you are a beginner blogger, you probably don’t get many emails, if any at all, asking you to promote content.
In today’s post, I will tell you how to get sponsored blog posts, as a beginner blogger.
First, you’ll need something that is known as a media kit. You can download your free media kit below.
What is a media kit? It’s a summary of your blog’s missions, goals, and statistics.
A media kit includes:
- An introduction to yourself and a picture: This can be brief. Tell the company who you are and add a professional picture.
- Your mission/goals for your blog: What do you want to achieve with your blog? What do you blog about? What is your niche? Is there any particular post that you do weekly to draw your audience to your blog?
- Your audience: Who are they? How old are they? From where are they? You can obtain this information from WordPress stats or Google analytics.
- Testimonials ( See this post on how to get testimonials)
- Blog post rates (See this post on how to charge for blog posts)
- Your statistics: What are your WordPress stats? What are your unique visitors per month, page views per month, and email list? This information you’ll find on your WordPress stats or Google analytics.
- What are the analytics for your social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc?
- NOTE: If you fear that your stats are a bit low on one of your accounts then don’t mention it. A media kit is a cv of your blog and you want to showcase your best self.
- Contact info: Include your name, number, blog address, email, and social media.
As a beginner blogger, all of these points should be fairly easy to summarize, the only two that may discourage you are your statistics and testimonials.
If you are just starting, your numbers will not be so impressive. Everyone starts from somewhere. Do not let this discourage you.
I have created a professional media kit template for you. You can change the color. Download it and add your information to it.
Download the pdf here. Pink Blogger Media Kit
Download the word doc here. MEDIA KIT TEMP
Congrats, you have your media kit.
Now that you have completed your media kit, the fun begins.
There are magical places where bloggers and advertisers live happily ever after. It is called a blogger affiliate program.
You sign up for one of the services for free and upload your media kit.
These companies will ask you to select what type of brands you are interested in working with, what type of products you would like to review, how much you charge per blog post, etc.
Once you’ve created your profile, companies browse it and will let you know when they are interested.
Here are some companies you can sign up to:
For more beginner blogger posts, click here.
Until tomorrow, happy living!
Leave a Reply