If you are a beginner blogger, you probably don’t get many emails, if any at all, asking you to promote content. So in today’s post, I will tell you how to get sponsored blog posts. as a beginner blogger. I’ve also included free media kit templates.
Now that you know how to maintain your blog, the next step is getting a sponsored blog posts as a beginner blogger.
It takes preparation.
First, you’ll need something that is known as a media kit. What is a media kit? It’s a summary of your blog, mission, goals, and statistics.
- A media kit includes:
An introduction to yourself and a picture: This can be brief. Tell the company who you are and add a professional picture.
- Your mission/goals for your blog: What do you want to achieve with your blog? What do you blog about? What is your niche? Is there any particular post that you do weekly to draw your audience to your blog?
- Your audience: Who are they? How old are they? Male/ female? From where are they? You can obtain this information from WordPress stats or Google analytics.
- Testimonials ( See this post on how to get testimonials)
- Blog post rates (See this post on how to charge for blog posts)
- Your statistics: What are your WordPress stats? What’s your unique visitors per month, page views per month, email list? This information you’ll find on your WordPress stats or Google analytics.
What’s the analytics for your social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc?
- NOTE: If you fear that your stats are a bit low on one of your accounts then don’t mention it. A media kit is a cv of your blog and you want to showcase your best self.
- Contact info: Include your name, number, blog address, email and social media.
As a beginner blogger all of these points should be fairly easy to summarize, the only two that may discourage you is your statistics and testimonials.
If you are just starting out, your numbers will not be so impressive. Everyone starts from somewhere. Do not let this discourage you. Instead, you can show how fast your blog is growing, by including “I’ve had this blog for 3 months and my subscription has grown 400% each moth.’ This shows that your blog has potential.
I have created a professional media kit template for you. You can change the colour. Download it and add your information to it.
Download the pdf here. Pink Blogger Media Kit
Download word doc here.MEDIA KIT TEMP
Congrats, you have your media kit.
Now that you have completed your media kit, the fun begins.
There are magical places where bloggers and advertisers live happily ever after. It is called blogger affiliate programs.
You sign up to one of the services for free and upload your media kit.
These companies will ask you to select what type of brands you are interested in working with, what type of products you would like to review, how much you charge per blog post, etc.
Once you’ve created your profile, companies browse it and will let you know when they are interested.
In 2014 I was part of a blogger’s group from the UK and received my first sponsored post after a month. I waited until companies contacted me, but you can browse prospective companies you are interested in and send your media kit to them.
Here are some companies you can sign up to:
Let me know how it goes!
PS: Do you find the beginner blogger tips helpful? If so, consider buying me a ‘coffee’ 🙂 All the money goes to creating content for the blog. Confused? Click here.
For more beginner blogger posts, click here.
Until tomorrow, happy living!