As someone with bipolar, I know depression well. I started trying different things four years ago, and these seem to help me. I hope it helps you. I tried to keep it short and to the point. I know life is busy! 🙂
- Do not forget to eat, even if you do not have appetite. Depression makes some people loose their appetite and causes others to over eat.
- Do some exercise.
- Prevent staying in bed even though it is tempting
- Your brain is wired to think negatively, change your focus onto something more positive
- Drink water
- Make sure you take rest. Don’t over work.
- Take periods of time just to rest and don’t feel guilty about it.
- Take your medication as prescribed
- Don’t stop taking your medication when you start to feel better.
Depression influence everyone differently, use these tips as guidelines because you know yourself better than anyone.